Tuesday, January 15, 2013

1/15/2013 - No Letter On Her First P-Day

Alisa's First P - Day!

Alisa's p-days are on Tuesdays, but today we have no email to post.  I know many of you have been checking to see when it would arrive, so I thought I would give a quick explaination.  Loyal and I received a quick hand written letter on Saturday in which Alisa explained that she would be spending her first p-day traveling to San Francisco to get her visa.  How nice, leaving this miserable cold for a few hours.  The down side, she doesn't get computer time.  So, we will have a letter to post next week.

In her letter she said she is enjoying the MTC and adjusting well.  She is so glad to FINALLY be there after so much preparation, and loves the constant spirit. She has two companions instead of one, and said they are all learning a lot from each other.  One of them, a Sister Bentley, thinks Alisa is funny and laughs at all of her jokes.  Alisa thinks that's the greatest.  She said she will get very little computer time and so we need to either hand write her letters or send her letters by way of "Dear Elder," a service you can sign up for online, which prints off letters daily and delivers them to her room at the MTC.

Thanks for following her progress.  I know her biggest fear in leaving was having me, her techono-illiterate mother take over her blog.  Honestly, it was one of my biggest fears in her leaving as well.  Let's not tell her that it took me 5 1/2 hours to post her first pictures, that is stress she doesn't need while on a mission.

Let's hope there is a letter to post next week.  Here's to following a great missionary...

2 comments:

  1. It makes me so happy to read this update! It sounds like she's doing great (of course!). I'm glad she has two companions -more people to talk to and to laugh at her jokes. :) Also, how fun to take a little jaunt to San Fran. I would have loved that while I was at the MTC.

    I know you are not a bit surprised that I got all teary-eyed when I saw the pictures of departure day! So bittersweet to say good-bye like that. Alisa looked beautiful and so stylish. Just how I imagine the French look! She's a perfect fit for that country.

    Can't wait to hear more. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad that you have this blog set up! I did get teary eyed with the MTC pics... it's all part of being a missionary mom, I guess. After this comment, I'm going to catch up on all of the posts...if you need any bloggy tech help, give me a call! You can see Jordan's blog at elderfranchina.blogspot.com

    :)

    ReplyDelete