Monday, March 25, 2013

3/25/2013


Bonjour Ma Famille,

It has been another great week here.  I can't believe that I'm getting to the end of my first transfer in the field.  While last week we taught a ton of lessons, this week was definitely more of a finding week.  We spent tons of our time contacting and porting.  We basically only port apartment buildings, which is nice because there are tons of doors to knock at.  The problem... all apartment buildings are locked by one or two codes.  Every day we come to building upon building that we cannot get into.  But, time and time again we are let in.  God gives us these mini miracles and testimony-builders every day.  Out of probably 80 different buildings we have tried to get into this transfer, there has only been one that we have not miraculously been let into.  We'll come to a locked door, pray that we can get in, and someone is always there (sometimes even opening the door in the middle of the prayer...that's always fun).  It's just awesome, God knows how to get us in to His people.

We had a really cool experience on Wednesday.  It was President Roney's birthday, we wanted to do something cool for him.  So, we decided to skip our lunch hour and spend that time trying to bring as many people unto Christ as we could.  We had a goal to place an entire box of Book of Mormons (22 copies) during that hour.  It took us four weeks to go through the last box, so this was definitely a lofty task.  Plus, we woke up and it was pouring rain.  When the hour came, the sun came up and we got to work (it rained the rest of the day afterwards).  This was probably one of the most insane hours of my life, we were absolutely exhausted by the end.  We placed 15 copies of the Book of Mormon and contacted 176 people in 60 minutes.  It was so amazing what we were able to do in that concecrated hour.  God was definitely the means of all of that success.  We were put in the way of so many that desired to learn more.  Two of the copies that I gave away were from people that literally contacted me!  It was incredible to see how God can bless us when we are setting righteous goals, giving it our all, and having faith in Him.  We ended up placing the rest of the books throughout the day, but it took the entire day to finish it up.  I guess it just goes to show how magical that hour was.  

We made a card that explained what we had done for President Roney, he loved it.  The Roneys are the absolute greatest.  In fact, because we are in Lyon near the mission house, our companionaship gets to spend the rest of our P-Day today with Sister Roney.  Ahh, I'm so excited!  I get to work with so many incredible people here!

This week I have finished up my studies of the four Gospels.  Oh my gosh, it has been incredible.  Studying, analyzing, and comparing those books have been an English major's dream.  Those pages in my scriptures are now completely embellished with colorful markings, cross references, personal insights and inspiration, historical information, etc.  I love it and have learned so much.  I'm at this weird place where I just want to know everything.  I think I might just come home and put Deseret Book out of business.  It is so cool to study the gospel so much, I absolutely love it and am trying to take advantage of it.  But now, more than having beautiful, extremely useful scriptures, I am very grateful for everything that I have learned about the Savior.  I am truly coming to know Him here on my mission.  I think this growth has been a combination of my studies, prayers, constant need of His help, etc.--but I think most of it has to do with the fact that I am doing His work.  I am striving to act as He would and I am in the constant service of others.  Ah, it's the greatest.  I think about my mission scripture often (Helaman 5:12) and am constantly so glad that that is the one that I chose to represent my mission.  Christ truly is our foundation. 

J'ai pense, parce que c'est la période du Paque cette semaine et c'est la dernière semaine de me première mutation en France, de partager mon témoignage sample de Jésus Christ.  Je sais que Jésus Christ est mon Sauver et Rédempteur   Je suis reconnaissant pour son amour que il me donne.  Je sais que il nous donne son sacrifice afin qu'il puisse nous aider avec tout les soucis, les douleurs, et les défis de chaque personne sur le terre.  Grace a lui et l'expiation, je peux recevoir la paix et le bonheur dans ma vie ici et devenir comme Dieu un jour.  Il est le seule chemin.  Avec lui, je peux faire tout choses,  Il est mon ami et je l'aime.

I hope that you all have a wonderful week.  Happy Easter!  Haha, have fun eating coconut cake and funeral potatoes and watching The Ten Commandments.  I love you all, thanks for everything that you do for me!

Je t'aime,
Soeur Hulme

No comments:

Post a Comment