Monday, September 16, 2013

"We'll have to have a "Lion King Moment..."Look Sister, everything the light touches is our kingdom." 9/16/13


Bonjour Ma Famille,

So, this is going to be a quick one.  Just thought I'd give you an update on transfers.  Apparently God decided to keep this whitewashing/training pattern going.  Third time's the charm.  After my twelve lovely weeks in Aix with Soeur Brimhall, I am headed to Besancon where I will be training yet another new bleue.  I'll pick her up Thursday.  I'm very very excited.  Here's what I know... Besancon is a small ville in the northern-most part of our mission.  Yes, I'm headed north for the winter after spending the hot summer in the south.  There is irony somewhere in this.  It's supposed to be absolutely beautiful.  But, why wouldn't it be?  I only get sent to the most incredible villes.  We are whitewashing a companionship of elders.  It will be my first time serving in a branch, it's apparently really small... maybe 30 members.  I hear there are a lot of cool amis and less-active sisters, though that we'll be able to work with much easier than the elders.  That will be fun.  We're the only missionaries in the ville, which I'm super excited about.  Something tells me that we'll have to have a "Lion King Moment" when we look out the balcony our first night.... "Look Sister, everything the light touches is our kingdom."  Can't wait!

I'm sad to be leaving Aix, I loved my time there so much.  Hope you all have an awesome week.  Being a missionary is the greatest!

Je vous aime,
Soeur Alisa Hulme

No comments:

Post a Comment