Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Another Wonderful Week In France 6/3/2013


Bonjour Ma Famille,

It has been another wonderful week here in France.  I seriously feel like I have the most incredible life ever, I am so blessed.  This week we have again been focusing on finding people.  While our teaching pool remains small at the moment, we have been able to see many miracles while contacting that will transform into tons of people to teach (hopefully sooner rather than later).

We spent tons of this week contacting and porting (my favorites).  It's actually really funny to me that I enjoy these things so much.  I was looking back in my journal at my last entry in the MTC.  I had written that contacting was my biggest fear for my mission, not necessarily because of the language, but because I was scared to think of myself walking up to random people and starting conversations.  I'm not quite sure when the transition for me took place, but I'm so glad it did.  I am only a full-time missionary for a tiny portion of my life, why would I not talk to everyone?  When I am talking to someone, it is literally an out of body experience.  I am not myself, I am a representative of Christ.  It reminds me of a scripture I found this week in D&C 58:59, "And let no man return from this land except he bear record by the way, of that which he knows and most assuredly believes."

We received a lot of contact information from people this week and placed tons of copies of The Book of Mormon.  Let me tell you about one of these cool miracles...  One day we planned to go out to Castelnaudary (a smaller ville outside of Carcassonne).  We had gone through old lists, found all of the addresses of old contacts that lived there, and planned to go and track them all down.  We ended up finding all of the addresses; it was nice because they were all fairly close together in the center of the town.  But, we had one left and decided that we would make the long walk to the other end of town in hopes of finding this last person.  After about an hour of walking, we found the road.  Unfortunately, the house that we were searching for didn't exist on that street.  The only solution that we could come up with was that someone with bad handwriting had written a 15 that looked like an 18.  So, we ported that one house.  It turned out not being the person we were looking for, but an absolute miracle.  It was a lady with a cute young family, she took the Book of Mormon, said she would read it, and gave us her number so that we could set up a rendez-vous.  It was so incredible.  We actually had several similar experiences to this throughout the week.  We are praying now that they work out and we will be able to begin teaching all of these people that we have found.

You asked me to put in a plug for the piano this week.  Perfect, I was going to anyway.  We actually did a special musical number yesterday in church, "How Great Thou Art".  I was able to play while the other sisters sang.  It was beautiful, half of the people in the congregation were in tears.  It really has been amazing for me to touch the people in this ward through bringing them music.  When I came out on my mission, I could play probably five hymns.  Now, I can basically play most of the book.  I have been very grateful for the opportunity to develop this talent and use it in the work of the Lord.

So, that about sums it up for this week.  I am absolutely loving my mission, Soeur Luthi is amazing, and it is incredible to see the hand of the Lord in the work daily.  I hope that you are all doing wonderful, thanks for you thoughts and prayers.  I love you.

Je vous aime,
Soeur Alisa Hulme

No comments:

Post a Comment