Friday, March 14, 2014

"Summer is coming so early…bring on the red-faced photos." 3/10/14

Bonjour Ma Famille,

Wow, it's a beautiful day in France... a little hot for my taste, but the average human says that it's a nice temperature.  This last week has been the first time that I have seen the sun since being in Bordeaux.  Summer is coming so early.  Haha, bring on the red-faced photos.

Wonderful week...as usual. (sometimes I wonder if this is normal for other missionaries, I must just be really blessed)

We did some service for a family in the ward this week who is preparing to move.  I was able to use my random talent of packing and organizing boxes.  In the least prideful way possible, I can comfortably say that I am an expert.  We really helped them out and had a fantastic time doing it.

We're seeing a miracle with Joseph.  He bought an electronic cigarette which only has water vapor in it and he has QUIT SMOKING as of Friday!  Wow!  We will see how it goes, but that is a miracle in and of itself.  He is still really set on being baptized quick--right now the struggle is making sure that he really understands everything and he is going to stay in the church.  That is a missionary's worst fear and there are a lot of inactives in France... But he is really progressing and even though he's a little werid, we sure love him!  We're so blessed to have the Spirit to know how to help people and to direct us in the work.  Whatever happens, we can have peace knowing that it is inspired.

Another miracle this week is with our new ami, Prince.  He is from Africa but has spent a lot of time in the States.  He was found during our missionary day with the youth.  In 2006, he met the missionaries and went to the Talence ward for five month, but somehow lost contact.  He is cool, really sincere and wants to know the truth.  He recently got divorced and has two sons- one is 8 and the other is 3.  So cute!  We taught him twice this week and it went really well.  It's fun teaching in English and I feel like I'm more myself.  The only problem is that he is going out of town for two months in April.  It's a little frustrating because he wants to get baptized, we will keep working with him!

A couple weeks ago we contacted this really cool man from Serbia who was here in France a few weeks for work.  It was a really good conversation and at the end he told us that we had convinced him to visit our church when he returned home.  This last week, we saw some members from Bordeaux (who are American) who recounted to us that they had met this man.  They said that they were on a train and, while talking to the man next to them, told him that they were American.  Immediately the man answered, "Oh, I have two American friends, Sister Stevens and Sister Hulme."  Haha, how cool is that?  Then they got to talking about the gospel.  He'll be a member one day. 

Our sector is really crazy right now and we have so much work.  It literally blows my mind that it was dead so recently.  We're teaching lots and we are working lots with members (getting into at least two of their homes a day).  I really really love Bordeaux and I'm so happy with what I'm doing.  It's even more fun being an STL this transfer because I feel like I'm best friends with all of the twenty sisters.  Crazy, but true.  

I hope you all have a great week.  Hey, this week Maddy becomes a legal adult.  That's weird.  I hope you have the most fantastic birthday.  I'm so glad that we are friends, even from our littlest days when we played Barbie's (sorry that I always stole the good ones...).  You are really dedicated, loving, and patient.  Haha, you are also funny and are just an overall fun person to be around.  Love you!

Je vous aime,
Soeur Alisa Hulme

No comments:

Post a Comment