Monday, March 31, 2014

"Wow, I think this is the start of something new and really great in my life." an investigator

Bonjour Ma Famille,

How are you all?  I am wonderful, like always.  I don't have tons of time to write today because we are headed off to a castle (what a life...), but I'll give you a few highlights of the week.

This week was kind of weird, with conference on Monday and P-Day on Tuesday, it seemed that our week was cut really short.  Wednesday we had a quick exchange with Eysing, which was great, and then took a train out to Pau for another one with those sisters.  We got back and Soeur Stevens was sick all day Friday, she's better now, no worries.  So, by Saturday, our sector had been seriously neglected and we had taught a grand total of one lesson during the week.  Rough.  But, we worked really hard Saturday and Sunday, actually finishing the week rather strong.

We had four (rather international) new amis... Wei Li (China), Zenaida (Cape Vert), Nabil (Morroco), and Jeremy (France).  And, they're all just as different as the countries they come from... non-practicing muslim with sincere questions, confused agnostic that doesn't speak good French or English (and may or may not be in love with my companion), a referral who is currently dating a member, and a mom with a young family who is believing but searching for a church.  I'm really grateful that God is going to help us out and that He knows all of these people perfectly, otherwise this young, blonde, mormon from Utah would be totally lost.  The gospel can bless them all.  At the end of one of these lessons, the amie commented, "Wow, I think this is the start of something new and really great in my life."  She was right.

I hope that you all have a great week.  Enjoy general conference and cross your fingers that Elder Bednar doesn't speak in the Sunday afternoon session (the only one I won't be able to watch).  Thanks.  Love you all!

Je vous aime, 
Soeur Alisa Hulme

No comments:

Post a Comment