Wednesday, May 28, 2014

"I have been transfered to Nice. AHHHHH! I'm thoroughly convinced that this is the most beautiful place in the entire world (despite the sea food...I will not be going there again)." 5/26/14


 Bonjour Ma Famille,

Oh my gosh, I am so happy.  I've literally been walking around freaking out all day (except for this morning when the freaking out was done while running along the boardwalk by the sea!!!).  For those who haven't heard the spoiler, I have been transfered to Nice.  AHHHHH!  I'm thoroughly convinced that this is the most beautiful place in the entire world (despite the sea food...I will not be going there again).  Although I was sad to be leaving my beautiful city of Bordeaux, I am excited to be hitting another ville (6 villes in 12 transfers, not bad).  I'm convinced that God is trying to help me with my shortcomings by having me move so much...maps, memorizing names, and in this case, overcoming my whiteness with the crazy sun (and heat...yikes).  It will be fantastic too because I will not be an STL nor a trainer.  No extra responsibilities--only us, in our perfect ville, working really hard.  I'll be serving with Soeur Patrick (haven't met her yet, but she will be great).  We are going to kill it this transfer.  Oh my gosh, we're going to work so hard, I'm absolutely thrilled.
"Oh my, look at the view from where I had lunch today!"
I guess I should tell you a little about my week (as I still love Talence and it holds a special place in my heart)...

Sister Hulme and Sister Brimhall with their Lindt chocolat
Soeur Hutchins and I went to Bayonne and Pau on exchanges this week--both of which are gorgeous and were full of incredible experiences (sorry, don't think I only like my mission because I'm traveling Southern France...definitely not the important part).  I got to do an exchange with Soeur Brimhall, it was so great.  She is doing fabulous.  We went to a cute little outerville and stumbled upon a Lindt chocolate factory.  Yum.  So, Soeur Hutchins and I celebrated the last of our exchanges for the transfer by eating delicious chocolate on the long train home.
I'm so cultured!  Okay, not really.  But, we did have a ward activity this week in which three members of the Bordeaux Opera came and put on a concert (only in France, right?!).  It also helped that one of the performers is a member in Talence.  It was such a success.  There were more non-members there than members.  Score.  There will be so many new amis out of that.
I'm so thrilled, both Alain and Sonia set baptism dates this last week.  They will both be baptized later next month.  I loved getting to find and teach them, they are incredible!  Cool sidenote: Soeur Luthi will be replacing me, so she will be there for them.
Speaking of baptism, I have another story.  Five transfers ago, when I was up in Besancon with Soeur Pagano, we had a miracle day...that we're only coming to realize was actually a miracle.  There was a really long day when we had no lessons, we were outside talking to people all day, and it was raining.  I kid you not, after four hours on the streets, we had talked to 20 people (Besancon is small, but it was definitely affected by the rain too).  We ended the day talking to this man who was cool and left us with his number.  Unfortunately, he never responded to calls.  Guess what?  Soeur Ronndahl and her companion finally got a hold of him and Nicolas was baptized this last week.  So incredible!  None of our efforts are ever in vain.
Crazy story of the week... We were porting one day and were let in by these nice people...who ended up being slightly crazy.  I will demonstrate this by including an excerpt from the brochure they left us with at our departure, "All life on earth had been scientifically created in laboratories by people from space...(those who created us) are being kept alive on their planet thanks to cloning and will officially return very soon to their embassy on earth...this is the largest UFO-related, non-profit organization in the world."  Haha, that was interesting.  There was an awkward prayer at the end where they insisted on holding our hands (gross) and then we booked it out of there.

I really love being a missionary, it is the absolute best experience.  I love you all, have a great week!

Je vous aime,
Soeur Alisa Hulme

No comments:

Post a Comment