Friday, January 3, 2014

"I'm loving every minute that I get to spend here with these members." 12/23/13

Bonjour Ma Famille,

Hope everything is absolutely wonderful for you as you're gearing up for your big Christmas week...the most important part being talking to me on Wednesday (...and remembering the Savior).  Can't wait!

This week has been great.  We met with lots of less-actives, several amis, and members.  It's interesting now that it's vacation and they're all going out of town, but it works.  We are seeing numbers slowly moving up in sacrament meeting attendance and I'm loving every minute that I get to spend here with these members.

The highlight of the week was definitely our Christmas conference in Lyon.  Loved it!  The best part (...next to remembering the Savior): Soeur Bentley, my cute little MTC companion is back in the mission and I got to see her at the conference.  Ah, I love her.  She went home months ago with really serious health problems.  After weeks in the hospital, several surgeries, and lots of prayers, she was cleared to come back out.  Without getting into tons of detail, it's a miracle that she is back and it was not expected by anyone.  I'm so excited to have my cute friend here again.  Also, I just found out that my other wonderful MTC companion, Soeur Anderson, underwent serious brain surgery this past week.  Everything seems to have gone well, and, as far as I know, she's still in Paris.  Pray for her.  

I've decided that one of the greatest things I'm grateful for this year is my health.  In light of these experiences with my companions, as well as others with my family at home, I can't even express how thankful I am that I have been able to serve my mission with absolutely no health problems to this point.  Literally, I've probably had the best health of my life.  There has not been one hour in the last year that I have had to sit out working.  Thank you so much for your prayers in my behalf, I know that they have been a huge support to me.  I'm so grateful that the Lord would let me work without the disabilitating symptoms of sickness.  It makes me want to work even harder, knowing that there are no health problems holding me back.  I'm so blessed.

I love being a missionary.  I love serving my Savior and I love Him.  I love you all, Joyeux Noel!

Je vous aime,
Soeur Alisa Hulme

No comments:

Post a Comment