Tuesday, January 21, 2014

"Training Leaders are…kind of like Zone Leaders, but we're over three zones of sisters." 1/21/14

Members of the Besancon Branch
Bonjour Ma Famille,

Not much time, but I'll update you

"Soeur Hulme, are you tired of training?"  Dang it, that's not what I wanted to hear over the phone transfer call morning.  Not only has my lovely run as a trainer come to an end, I have also left my beautiful ville of Besancon.  I am currently writing you from Bordeaux, the second biggest city in the mission and on the completely other end of the country...hence me writing this a day late (as I was traveling for 12 hours yesterday).  But, the city is beautiful and I had been hoping to serve here for a while now.  My new companion is Soeur Stevens, she is wonderful.  She's 23, is from California, studies phychology at BYU, and loves volleyball.  I'm super excited to be working with her.  We will be serving as the Sister Training Leaders here.  Not so sure how I feel about that, I really just want to go and pick up another baby bleue.  But, I'm sure it'll be great.  Sister

Training Leaders are sort of a newish thing, since a couple months into my mission, and every mission does them a little bit different.  In our mission, we're kind of like zone leaders, but we're over three zones of sisters.  It's crazy, we spend nearly the whole transfer on exchanges.  Should be...fun?  Cool-- I'll be Soeur Brimhall and Soeur Pagano's STL (still get to do stuff with my bleues).  Other than that, Bordeaux is cool.  I'll be serving in the Talence ward...which had 140 people at church this last week (not sure how to deal with that after our intimate 15 person meetings in Besancon) and I love the missionaries here.  Time to start a new adventure.  Apparently our sector is...less than booming, but I'm excited to help it turn around.
However, I'm really really sad to be leaving.  So much has happened in Besancon and I can't express how much I love it.  All of Sunday was spent at several different member's homes, I gave a talk...it was decent until I cried at the very end.  Wasn't bad.  I will miss them so much, I feel like I had a great relationship with every person there (helps when there aren't many).

Sandrine and her darling children.  "She has literally changed my life."
During one of the trains on my long journey yesterday, I had about five hours all by myself...that was weird.  Anyways, I had nothing to do so I decided to read over my journal from Besancon, literally took all five hours (will be sent home in the next month).  So many miracles.  I feel so so blessed to have met all of these incredible people, but in particular, Sandrine.  She has literally changed my life.  We are currently still kind of playing the waiting game with her husband, but she is so strong.  She knows it's true and can't deny it.  She will be a member one day.  As I was reading through my journal, I read this enrty and knew it was about her... 15 September 2013 (the day before leaving Aix) "I don't know what it is, but I really feel like someone is waiting for me in Besancon.  I know that there are people you're suppose to touch in every ville, but this time it feels different.  I don't know whether it will be a member, a less-active, or an ami, but I can't wait to find this person."  Met her.  Now we're really close and will be friends for life.
Ben, it's your birthday this week.  My awesome and only brother (and my worst writer...kidding, I'm getting over it), happy birthday!  I hope you have the most incredible day.  You are smart, witty, and a total stud.  Win.  Have a great week, I love you all.  Thanks for everything!
Je vous aime,
Soeur Alisa Hulme


Threw away my first pair of shoes.




No comments:

Post a Comment